Yield: Four 1-cup servings.
- 2 cups raw Buckwheat Groats (soaked in water for minimum of 1 hour or overnight)
- 1.25 cups almond milk (make it fresh with Natural Zing almonds)
- 2 tbsp raw organic chia seeds
- 1/4 cup natural sweetener
- Pinch of pink salt
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp raw organic cinnamon
- Chopped fruit or dried fruit (banana, berries [including Incan berries, Goji Berries, Mulberries], kiwi, apple, peaches, nectarines, raisins, mango, etc)
- Chopped nuts and or seeds (We like almonds & pecans especially)
- Raw Organic Nut Butters
- Shredded coconut, raw organic cacao nibs, etc.
1. In a bowl, pour 2 cups of raw buckwheat groats and 4 cups of water. Soak for at least 1 hour or overnight. After soaking, rinse well in a strainer several times.
2. Place buckwheat groats in food processor or blender, along with the almond milk, chia seeds, and vanilla. Process until combined and slightly smooth. Now add in the sweetener and cinnamon to taste (We found 1/4 cup of sweetener was enough, but others might like a bit more or less than that).
3. Scoop into bowls or parfait glasses and add your desired toppings & mix-ins. Serve immediately cold. Place leftovers into fridge and enjoy for the next few days. Makes approximately 4 cups.